Rebuilding for Performance or Show? changes

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 22:45:02 +0200

Examples of changes that are useful and that don't change the basic
setup :

Installing drop screws in place of the "T" screw find on some brands
(Pleyel)
replacing the flanges with individual centers and not a long center
for 20 hammers - changing the hammer rail as well.
Installing modern rollers for old knuckles on grands.

Evening the weight and drilling the hammers to respect a good geometry
in regard of strings height.
Better dampers and dampers system.
Have the keybed  covered with thick veneer to lessen the capstan /
whippen heel height.

Others coming to mind later.

Best Regards.

Isaac OLEG