Rebuilding for Performance or Show?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:53:56 -0400

> About SB replacements, it is fairly possible to ask duplication of a
> board's panel in Ciresa, and have all the parts delivered un ribbed,
> ribs straights  so it is up to the rebuilder to glue and shape himself
> the way he wants to.

How do you duplicate an original soundboard when most often you don't know if or how much a radius was machined into the ribs, you don't know what radii cauls may have been used during rib-to-panel glue up, and you don't know the panel moisture content at rib-to-panel glue up. So if you do it the way you want to, are you not redesigning the soundboard?

Terry Farrell