Killer Octave Question - S shape theory

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 12:33:50 +0200

I repost that as I will have a discussion with a colleague about it.

S shape as took by the soundboard under the bridge in the killer zone
being seen as a valuable profile from a stability point of view,
bridge top being shaped in prevision of this set. I believe that one
can eventually compute or ascertain where the inflexion point will be
installing under the load.

Reflex ion after having seen that harpsichord builders are supposedly
wanting this shape to install on their soundboards, for the same
stability reason (resistance to moisture change)

This is new to me (and not at all German for what I've heard yet !)

I'll keep that following soon.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech