Killer Octave Question - S shape theory

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 08:55:22 -0500

>I repost that as I will have a discussion with a colleague about it.
>
>S shape as took by the soundboard under the bridge in the killer zone
>being seen as a valuable profile from a stability point of view,
>bridge top being shaped in prevision of this set. I believe that one
>can eventually compute or ascertain where the inflexion point will be
>installing under the load.

I sure don't see any benefit. Sounds to me more like trying to turn a wart
into a beauty mark because it's easier to sell than fix.

>Reflex ion after having seen that harpsichord builders are supposedly
>wanting this shape to install on their soundboards, for the same
>stability reason (resistance to moisture change)

I have no idea what harpsichord builders supposedly want, nor who is doing
the supposing, but a typical piano soundboard that has taken that shape is
hardly stable.

>This is new to me (and not at all German for what I've heard yet !)
>I'll keep that following soon.
>
>Isaac OLEG

It's new to me too, just not very convincing.

Ron N