Schaff/American

Dave Nereson dnereson@dim.com
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 15:09:29 -0600

  I know a lot of techs did not like American Piano Supply because of =
slow service, or whatever.  But in my opinion, they had a more complete =
catalog.  There were quite a few latches, hinges, various other =
hardware, hinge pin sizes that Schaff didn't have, a few action parts =
Schaff didn't stock, casters, a few tools Schaff didn't have -- like the =
stringing hook with the small T-handle that fits nicely in a tool kit;  =
Schaff only has the one with the big bulky handle -- nice for =
restringing but too bulky to carry in the kit. =20
    So now that Schaff has bought American, where can one buy the items =
American used to stock?  Does Schaff carry those items?  They won't =
answer my my inquiries.  I've written them several times and they never =
answer, even if it's to inquire as to the status of my account.  I asked =
on the phone one day and the gal just said, "You have to order from =
Schaff now.", as though American never existed.  I thought, I AM =
ordering from Schaff.  Are they pretending those items were never =
available from anybody, that they're not even manufactured?  What gives?
    --David Nereson, RPT, Denver