Bridge Construction Method

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 20:05:53 -0500

>Cool Del. I knew you'd come through. Thanks. Would it help also if I
>ground up a little of the original soundboard and mixed that in?
>
>Terry Farrell

No! You never want to use that old Magic Tone Wood in a bridge - even if
you do it on the North side of the shop, or any other place the sun don't
shine. It's dangerous. The continuous reciprocal magical reinforcement of
sound between the tone wood in the bridge, and that in the soundboard, will
accumulate in there until it backs up on you and blows out the bridge pins.
It could put somebody's eye out, and really messes up tuning stability.

Ron N