grand hinge pins

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 07:09:38 -0400

Dave,

I might have missed this, too, since the lid was already up.  If the
grand piano lid is down when I arrive, I always put it up to tune, just
to be able to mute the strings a little easier.  In the process I
routinely tug it this way and that a little when it is up only a couple
inches, just to make sure the hinge pins are there.  But as I said, in
your case with the lid already up, I could have been fooled, too.

Regards,
Clyde