Bridge Construction Method

Carl Meyer cmpiano@attbi.com
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 12:59:03 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Delwin D. Fandrich" <pianobuilders@olynet.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2003 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: Bridge Construction Method

Well, silly me.  I should have known. That solves the riddle about the bridge moving.  It's those little discs that sneak thru the porosity of the bridge from the top of the bridge to the bottom so that the soundboard knows what to do without the bridge having to move.  I would think that for the bass bridge to be efficient at the lower frequencies the discs would need to be much larger and would have trouble squeezing through the crevices.  Perhaps the bridge root for the bass should be made out of a more porous material such as balsa.

Always ready to contribute to the enhancement of piano design and development.

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@attbi.com