Rebuilding for Performance - - resiliency

Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:39:44 +0200

John Hartman wrote:

> No I don't have any recordings to share with you. I haven't thought that
> recordings reveal very much about voicing because you can't discover the
> dynamic properties of the voicing with out playing the piano.

Now this is an interesting statement, and could be taken in a couple
different directions. I wonder if you might expound a bit on what exactly
you mean by this. Are you saying that only the person actually touching the
keys sense the voicing of the hammers ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.