brambach upright backscale

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:20:44 -0400

List,
   Unusual stringing-hitch pin system on a 100 year old Brambach
upright. Excuse the poor photo, but each unison is independent from the
next. I guess the designer didn't want a string to loop around the hitch
pin to the next note. Middle tuning pin has the knot while top and
bottom tuning  pins loop around the hitch pin.
	Perhaps some of you have seen this before ,but it was a new one
for me,
	Tom Driscoll RPT
	RThis piano had an interesting aparatas attatched to the back of
the soundboard. I'll use my new digital camera at the next service and
forward images.

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: brambach upright.jpg
Type: image/jpeg