Loose Tuning Pins-Drink Spilled

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:44:58 -0600

Hi Gordon,
My vote is for thinest CA. On the strings you need to replace, remove =
the pin and swab with thick CA and restring.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: RptBob1@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 2:23 PM
  Subject: Re: Loose Tuning Pins-Drink Spilled

  In a message dated 4/23/2003 4:16:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, =
gholley@hi-techhousing.com writes:

    couldn't see or hear last night.
      Could I please hear the YEA'S AND THE NAY'S on an initial step to=20
    take.  Please refer to Gordon Stelter as "Thump" as we have been=20
    mistakingly switched around in past discussions. =20
     =20
      My Regards,

      Gordon Holley

  Hi Gordon:
  Do the step with covering the area under the pins after removing the =
action.  Use thin CA; use a fan blowing across your work and I don't =
think you would need a carbon mask.  I never have and I've done quite of =
few of these "pinblock resurrections". Try to have doors and windows =
open in the area you are working and warn the customer about the odor.  =
You may have to schedule this at a time when there are not many people =
around.

  It works well!

  Bob Bergantino, RPT
  Willoughby Hills, Ohio