Loose Tuning Pins-Drink Spilled

RptBob1@aol.com RptBob1@aol.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:23:36 EDT

In a message dated 4/23/2003 4:16:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gholley@hi-techhousing.com writes:

> couldn't see or hear last night.
>   Could I please hear the YEA'S AND THE NAY'S on an initial step to
> take.  Please refer to Gordon Stelter as "Thump" as we have been
> mistakingly switched around in past discussions.
>
>   My Regards,
>
>   Gordon Holley

Hi Gordon:
Do the step with covering the area under the pins after removing the action.
Use thin CA; use a fan blowing across your work and I don't think you would
need a carbon mask.  I never have and I've done quite of few of these
"pinblock resurrections". Try to have doors and windows open in the area you
are working and warn the customer about the odor.  You may have to schedule
this at a time when there are not many people around.

It works well!

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio