Please help a church choose a new grand piano. Advicekindlyrequested.

Thu, 24 Apr 2003 06:54:18 -0700

I have a customer who recently bought a new (or virtually new) Yamaha C3
from a dealer for $18,000.  The piano was sold at a discount, I'm not sure
what the reason given was--I believe it was actually a year old.  There are
deals to be had in the current economy.

 David Love
 davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

Advicekindlyrequested.

 > IMHO, the best bang for the buck is a 5 to 15 year old piano. There are
many out there that are in showroom condition and will go for a fraction of
the price of new. And YOU could help them pick one out! The list of used
ones in this price range is endless. If they want new, get a Kawai RX
series. I am familiar with the RX-2 - 5' 10" and about $15,000. So for
$20,000 you could go up a size or two. I am very impressed with the Kawai
as being very much like the Yamaha (which I also like the C series, but
they are more expensive), perhaps one small notch down in some aspects of
quality, but still very nice (for a mass produced piano - which is what
most folks are looking for).