Loose Tuning Pins-Drink Spilled

L Verkoelen lverkoelen@earthlink.net
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:30:14 -0700

Techs

I have heard this quite a lot about flipping a grand over to CA treat the
pins. I have moved a few grands with 1 or 2 people helping. Do you guys flip
these over yourselfs or with help? What is the best procedure? Roger, it
sounds like you remove the  lid and hinges befor flipping. Is that right? I
like the concept but I'm not sure I want to be turning pianos over.

Louis Verkoelen
Big Bear City, CA.

********

Flipping the piano, and applying the CA from the bottom of the block is the
way to go.
Make sure you have some 2 X 4's  and moving blankets to roll the piano
over, and on to.  Lifting the piano back up on to it's side is hard work if
you don't. I also remove the hinges to prevent any damage.
4 or 5 drops to each pin hole should be enough.
Regards Roger