1873 Steinway Square Grand

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:38:55 EDT

List,

Haven't seen it yet....it belongs to some friends.  I hope they're still
friends after I'm done tuning it....:-)  The old tuner refused to come back,
so I volunteered to check it out.

Any particular advice on tuning this monster?  I have the proper tool on
order.  I know the pins are supposed to be difficult to reach and have caused
many a sore back.

For some historical perspective, does anyone know when Steinway started and
stopped making these?

Joe G., any advice or wisdom you can offer to a first time Square tuner?

Dave Stahl