Neil Young

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:42:33 +0200

Piannaman@aol.com wrote:

> Ric,
>
> Was it a white piano?  Many years ago when I was a mover, I moved a
> white New York Steinway from his house into his studio so the band
> could record with it.  He lives out in the boonies near La Honda, CA,
> and it was quite a drive to get there, especially in the piano truck.
>
> Had one of my most embarrassing moments during this undertaking:
> while disassembling the piano, it was up on it's side with all but the
> right(top) leg removed.  Neil walked in and his manager says, "Dave,
> this is Neil."  I had been working on removing the lyre, and I
> straightened up rather abruptly to meet the star.  I saw stars,
> alright.  Don't think I've ever smacked my head so hard on anything as
> I did on that leg.  Injury and insult, all in one fell swoop.
>
> Dave Stahl

Grin... aint it a drag !!!! I did something pretty similar in one of my
first back stage appearances.... Oscar Peterson trio with NHOP on
bass...... I dont even want to remember it all :)

Neils Grand was all black, and I have had a couple private notes
indicating that the number 410 perhaps reveals it as being a C&A
Loaner.  Nicely voiced really. Kinda beat up but sounded and played well
enough.

Cheers

RicB

--