Stuyvesant grand piano

Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:36:33 +0200

Pinboard eh ??? Playing darts are we ???

Kidding aside... what can you say eh ?? I would suggest a healthy portion of
the truth, with a nice dash of freindlyness thrown in.  You can dodge the
inevitable discussion about the turn of the century quality thing by simply
noting that regardless... its nearly 100 years old and time takes its toll. I
dont know the name so I cant speak to anything about that, But 2000 dollars for
a usuable grand (if thats what it is) is not unusual me thinks.

As far as being worth restoring. Seems to me as I understand the DelRonRon do
the RonRonDel camp that just about any grand is doable as long as the rim and
bracing is solid enough. Seems like they are quite capable of re-engineering a
good instrument regardless, and I dont see any real reason why they shouldnt be
able to.  I'm not quite sure how much of the origional Stuyvesant would be left
but thats another matter.

No cracks in the soundboard may be a positive sign... but that in itself does
not guarentee a good panel..

Just my 3 and a quarter cents worth

RicB