Questions form a person soon to be new to the profession...

Dave Davis davistunes@yahoo.com
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 15:09:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bee,

In my opinion, the best training is through a
'residence' school where you attend classes daily for
a year or two with supervised instruction.

As I needed to support my family and there are near
me, I took the Randy Potter School of Piano Technology
course which is, BY FAR, much better than any other
correspondence course available.

You should plan on getting some further tutoring,
though.  The Randy Potter course will lay a great
foundation, but you'll need coaching by an experienced
piano technician.  There are week-long training
classes available occasionally, or you might meet
someone to work with through your local Piano
Technician's Guild chapter after you join and have
been attending meetings for a while.

You didn't sign your note or say where you're from,
two big "UH-OH's" on the list, but you're very welcome
to lurk and learn.

Good Luck,
Dave Davis
Renton, WA