Questions from a person soon to be new to the profession...

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 17:42:50 -0700

There are two Schools that I can recommend: 1. The Piano Hospital,
Vancouver, WA (USA)
2. Bennett Street School of Piano Technology, Boston, MA.
Bennett Street is somewhat eclectic, whereas the Piano Hospital is more down
to earth, grounded in the practical everyday things.
Of course, the only Correspondence course worth mentioning is The Randy
Potter School, Bend, OR
The advice, you recieved from others, regarding apprenticing with a good
technician, is the best way to go. However, finding someone that is willing
to put forth the time and effort for proper training, is pretty difficult. I
used to do that and found that it was a huge waste of my time and cost me
dearly, in the long run.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)