lacquer softener

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 09:40:11 -0400

Dave, steaming hammers has had good, long-lasting results here. I believe
alot of the results depend on what kind of hammers/rocks have been
over-laquered, but in general, steaming gives quick, long-lasting results. I
have actually done steam, and then used needling to fine-voice after that,
also.

Susan might be chiming in with alcohol as a softening agent..I personally
have only used it once with good results. I prefer steam. That's where my
personal comfort level is.

Need to know more? Roger Bryant-Jolly should be answering to this thread
pretty soon with his 'should-be' patented method for steaming. The process
is quick..the results are immediate and long-lasting.

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
phil@philbondi.com