lacquer softener

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 09:36:47 -0700

on 4/25/03 8:06 PM, Dave Nereson at dnereson@dim.com wrote:

What can one use to soften hammers that were lacquered at the factory?  At
first I thought lacquer thinner, but wouldn't that just evaporate and leave
them still hard?  Tried a voicing needle and broke three of them.  The
voicing tool just will not go in.  Tempted to go to the vise-grips extreme.
Surely the wonderful world of chemistry offers some liquid I can drizzle on
them.  ??  --David Nereson, RPT

The magical power of steam is your answer....Roger jplly's got a good
protocol.

DA