Tightbond Creep

Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:41:59 +0200

I like Bobs response better...grin.. but that being said, I dunno... I just kinda thought most pianos get junked far earlier then even one soundboard replacement would take them. I dont think much of this has to do with their origional quality per se as it does to do with what the owner decides is to be done with them. Do the finest job you can... and if in 30 years the owner decides it looks more like wood for a midsummers campfire then a piano... thats what it will become. Just seems to me the odds against a piano getting its
third soundboard (barring Bobs mistake correcting argument) are pretty slight.

Besides....if you are going for a brand new board it doesnt matter how much destruction you cause the old one anyways. Thats Rons main point as I see it.

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne