polyester repair

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 07:05:44 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "pianolover 88" <pianolover88@hotmail.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003 10:14 PM
Subject: polyester repair

> has anyone on our list done polyester repair? specifically, I have a U1
> polished ebony fallboard with a small chip, about the size of your small
> fingernail, and maybe 3-4 mm deep. would a polyester repair of this size
be
> something I could do myself with the proper materials? Any advice in this
> matter will be very much appreciated.
>

> Terry Peterson

Terry
Contact Ruth Phillips  webb50@comcast.net   She has all the supplies you
need to do poly repairs.  Attend one of her all day classes.  It's hands on
and very comprehensive.  I think she's doing a class at the Dallas
Convention.  The cost of the mistakes you'll make on your own will far
exceed the fees for the class, unless you are an accomplished spot finisher
and know your way around various touch up materials.  But poly is much
different than solvent based touch up.  Get some training or find a
technician in your area.

Paul C