polyester repair

John Hartman [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015] [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015]
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 14:02:35 -0400

pianolover 88 wrote:
> has anyone on our list done polyester repair? specifically, I have a U1
> polished ebony fallboard with a small chip, about the size of your small
> fingernail, and maybe 3-4 mm deep. would a polyester repair of this size
> be something I could do myself with the proper materials? Any advice in
> this matter will be very much appreciated.
>

> Terry Peterson

Terry,

You should contact Web Phillips and Associates. I
have never repaired a poly finish but I was very
impressed with the tools and processes Ruth
Phillips has been writing about in the Journal.
Ruth sent me the tools and supplies so I could
photograph them for her article. Everything seemed
to be very well made and designed. Ruth has
another installment coming out in May covering
techniques for repairing other non-poly finishes.
Very interesting, I especially liked the butane
powered burn in knife.

John Hartman RPT

John Hartman Pianos
Rebuilding Steinway and Mason & Hamlin