Loose Tuning Pins-Drink Spilled

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:40:58 -0700 (PDT)

Yes. remove action, lid, hinges, flip over after
removing bass leg and pedal lyre. Yourself ( Tiny
pianos ). With help( not so tiny pianos ).
     Put a few drops in each pin hole. works great.
But the last 'grand' ( Brambach) I did had pretty
little stalactites hanging from a few pins after dry.
I chipped them off.
( pouta  big shhet of cardboard on the floor to catch
drip-throughs )
     Be prepared for this if you have REALLY loose
pins/gaps around the pin bushings.
     Thump.