Petrof Sticking Keys

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:03:12 EDT

In a message dated 4/28/03 1:34:03 PM, chikring@midcoast.com writes:

>I would like to know if other Petrof pianos in general have been known
>to have tight key bushings which start to stick easily if there is moisture
>at all in the home.

I have worked for a Petrof dealer for 2 years now and this is not an uncommon
problem.  I'd say about half of my service calls are related to this issue,
and it's almost always the balance rail key bushing.  Before we send a Petrof
into the home, we check all the balance rail key bushings by lifting the key
about an inch, and if it doesn't fall back into place, that bushing gets
eased.  In spite of this preventive measure, I still end up easing keys in
the field.

Tom Sivak