Keytop Trimming Question

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:50:11 -0400

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 08:39  PM, Sarah Fox wrote:

> Hi Dave,
> =A0
> It probably depends on who is going to play it.=A0 I have a couple=20
> of=A0(barely)=A0overhanging ivories on my piano, and they snag my =
fingers=20
> during some fast passages.=A0 It drives me nuts.=A0 I even managed to =
cut=20
> my finger once on an ivory.=A0 If the pianist is demanding, especially=20=

> regarding speed, I'd definitely trim them.=A0 Otherwise... ??

Well if the keytops are properly dimensioned, the keystick could be=20
built up by gluing on veneer and sanding (planing, routing, whatever=20
dimension reducing technology you're most comfortable with) back to the=20=

proper dimensions. Probably better than exceedingly wide gaps between=20
the keys, right?

Patrick

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available