Key leads and inertia/Del's question re. "time lag" of instruments?

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 18:04:11 -0700

Del,
Being first a Brass player, the time lag you mentioned is present in most
instruments. Especially in the Tuba, (my first instrument...well, sorta<G>)
Considering that the Bass instruments are essentially the "time keepers" of
musical groups, (be they combo, band or orchestra), this phenomena is part
of learning to play "ON" the beat, no matter what the time lag is. It is
part and parcel of what is Taught, IMO.
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)