Key Leads and Inertia

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 06:41:08 -0700 (PDT)

If one is going to apply a stiffening top plate to a
key, why not make it a BOTTOM plate, that also acts as
a weight? In this fashion the center of gravity is
kept low, with, I would think, some very positive
advantages!  And the keystick is not weakened by
drilling holes for leads.
     In fact, why not a system of staggered, extruded
bottom plates which "nest" to provide just the right
balance and stiffness?
     Thump