Refinishing - Stripping & Stain Uneveness

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:21:48 -0700 (PDT)

Once again, Tommy, but very respectfully,
    "sanding to a uniform color" is not such a a hot
idea. Especially on the thin veneer of pianos.
     Strip, wipe clean, bleach if stain not uniform,
rinse, sand lightly, stain, thin sealer coat, sand
lightly, filler coat, sand lightly, topcoat.
     This is the procedure that I believe all the very
finest professionals use.
     Respectfully,
     Gordon