Refinishing - Stripping & Stain Uneveness

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:29:11 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, Arthur, THIS part I do agree with!
     The last time I tried water-borne filler ( 10
years ago-"Hydrocote" I think )  it dried to the
consistency of hard brass! And as it dried too light
for the surrounding wood, removing from the grain to
start over again was MURDER!
     But I imagine that much has changed in the last
decade, and I DO see the logic of your process, if the
products have improved as much as suspected.
     Best Wishes
     Thump
     ( But I'd still never "sand with 100 grit" to
even up the tone on newly-stripped, old veneer.
     Too risky.
     Too much work! )

=== message truncated ===