Refinishing - Stripping & Stain Uneveness

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:05:23 -0400

Terry,
         These are the ones that I use too. I had a discussion with Jeff=20
Jewitt about these and he says, if my memory serves, that the term=20
"aniline" is not really representative of what's in there. The aniline,=20
says Jeff, is an old form of poison that is really not used any longer but=
=20
the term aniline stuck and is still used. If anyone has info to the=20
contrary I'd be interested.

Greg

At 07:35 AM 4/29/2003, you wrote:

>Greg:
>
>Water soluble aniline dyes. This is what I'm going to be using - just=20
>ordered some. Mark Potter also uses these dyes.
>
>TRANSFAST=AE Wood Dye Powders (sometimes generically referred to=20
>as  "aniline" dyes).
>
>http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/htdocs/TransFastdyes.htm
>
>You can get either water or alchohol soluble forms. Check out Homestead's=
=20
>web site - lots of good info there.
>
>Terry Farrell

Greg Newell