OT: Analyzing the Mescaline Worm

Cy Shuster charter1400@charter.net
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:19:50 -0500

Geez, Duaine, I've been a computer programmer for 30 years, and I don't even
care about this level of detail:

"The defective line of code causes RPC to bind TCP port 135 on the address
of the default interface (0.0.0.0)"...

Consider that these messages get saved in archives, and even though "OT" is
in the subject, searching the archives in the future will dredge up all this
stuff.  Just post a link, if you must; that way we won't get a false match
when searching text.

And BTW, CERT only ranks this one as a second-highest priority security hole
(www.cert.org).

--Cy Shuster--
Rochester, MN