Accoustic Foamn and Dampp-Chasers

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:31:53

Hi Ron,

Interesting point about who "installed" the offending item. Of course I
have no idea who did do it--but when I removed the offending material there
was a good improvement in sound--and no buzz. I have no reason to think it
was a tuner--as this was one of Yamaha's touring grands--I hope they would
not be treated that way.

At 04:03 PM 8/7/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>>I once had the experience of working on a Yamaha C7 for a concert that just
>>didn't "cut the mustard". I finally got underneath it and sure enough the
>>movers had wedged some thin rubber strips between the beams and the
>>soundboard. The strips appeared to have been cut from tire inner
>>tubes--perhaps one could simply use an old inner tube for a bike?
>
>Movers? I doubt it. Why would movers do such a thing? Seems more likely to
>me that some user or tech tried to kill a buzz. I've seen it before with
>wooden wedges or hammer felt.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/