Accoustic Foamn and Dampp-Chasers

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 17:09:09 -0500

>Interesting point about who "installed" the offending item. Of course I
>have no idea who did do it--but when I removed the offending material there
>was a good improvement in sound--and no buzz. I have no reason to think it
>was a tuner--as this was one of Yamaha's touring grands--I hope they would
>not be treated that way.

Hi Don,
I just couldn't see any reason for anyone to put them there at all unless
the rib was buzzing on the beam, perhaps in a drier past venue. It's just
not much clearance, so I thought perhaps something was wrong. In any case,
it sure is impressive how the sound improves when the board can move again
isn't it?

Ron N