Pneumatic Soundboard Press

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 14:50:06 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_005A_01C35CF3.31387DE0
Nowhere near as sleek and sexy as Del's Ferrari-looking clamps, but they =
do the job (see below). David Hughes also had an ariticle in the Journal =
a few years back that describes his system - essentially the same thing =
as Clair's, Del's and mine - although, I'm certain that David's also =
looks better than mine.

Oh, and BTW, single jacket mill hose is what you are looking for - not =
fire hose.

Terry Farrell

 =20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Rob G." <rrg@unlv.edu>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 1:04 PM
Subject: Pneumatic Soundboard Press

Is anyone aware of some detailed plans available for a good pneumatic =
soundboard press?  (the type with compressed air in fire hoses for =
tension).  I am researching for the press planned for the new shop.  I =
am reasonably familiar with the go-bar type and have a proven design for =
one but I want to look at both types.  What are the known flaws/problems =
related to pneumatic presses?  Does anyone here use one?  Any disaster =
stories?

Curious,
Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV