Pneumatic Soundboard Press

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 22:17:54 -0500

Well, it looks like a toss-up between who's pneumatic "press" (et al) is
newer - Del's or Terry's. I'd say Del's. I do know that mine are uglier
than either of those pictured, though the previous iteration of Del's (that
the new ones are replacing) might be close. That looks a whole lot like
Delignit in Del's (with maple press surfaces), and maybe yellow pine in
Terry's, where mine is (are) made from glued up take-out maple racketball
flooring on which you can still see the occasional red boundary stripe. The
wonderful thing about all this is that they all work very much the same,
and the results will be similar enough that you can't tell which rib on
which board was clamped by which press.

I like it.
Ron N