Soundboard crown

Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:09:21 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarah Fox" <sarah@gendernet.org>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: August 13, 2003 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: Soundboard crown

> If it were *your* personal piano and a soundboard you were planning to
keep
> for a while, would you riddle it with experimental screw holes?????
Before
> I do anything like that, I want to see some evidence, a priori, that it's
> going to improve the sound!  ;-)
>
> I might try c-clamping something to the side of a rib, underneath the
> bridge.

Yes. I would have I have. You simply figure out where the bridge is and put
a hole there going up through the soundboard into the bridge. Attach the
weight with a screw. If you don't like it, when you're finished put in a
nice wood button. Looks original. (And, for many companies, they were
original.)

Del