More on soundboard crown

Dpshans@aol.com Dpshans@aol.com
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:42:44 EDT

    Call me naive, but the more we learn about the possibilities and limits
of piano design, the more we may be able to bear some small amount of influence
upon those who [produce pianos, and we might educate those who purchase
pianos to discriminate between well engineered instruments and those that are mired
in tradition.

   Among the local shops I have peeked into, hung around, learned from, and
stolen ideas from is one that specializes in remanufacturing pianos with
rib-crowned boards.  They would, in my estimation, convince even the most
reactionary stalwart with the results of their efforts. Please keep this discussion
alive, as there seem to be many cobwebs to be dusted off, and much light to be
introduced.

Dan Dannenfelser
Sacramento, CA
"Almost RPT"  (Tests passed, paperwork in process)