Piano Funnies for August 12, 2003

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:49:55 -0700

"Apparently and like Conrad Hoffsommer wrote (he did rent the movie) it was
Broadwood square, so I was wrong. Anyway, it is hard to see that happen."

Bevaert Pierre,
I behoves us all to use the correct term(s), in regard to wether it is a
Square Piano or A Square Grand Piano. When using the Term: "Square", that
denotes a rectangular Piano, WithOut a full cast iron plate. All "Square
GRANDS" are those which do have a full cast iron plate! (after 1835-40)
It's been a while since I was subjected to "The Piano", but I do remember
watching/rewinding/watching/rewinding and came to the conclusion that the
"Piano" that they used, (if in fact there was only one and I suspect there
were several!), was indeed a Broadwood Square Piano, with a short keyboard
indicative of the period of around 1825-1835. The credits did list a "Piano
Technician". So, if anyone can check the "credits" and possibly get his/her
name....Then check with the "Technician" for actual verification, if the
Tech is still alive. (He probably died during filming from the stress and
stupidity of the plot, etc.)
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police