OT-Kinda, reprise/Terry

JStan40@aol.com JStan40@aol.com
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 21:17:25 EDT

In a message dated 08/16/2003 11:23:52 AM Central Daylight Time,
pianotech-request@ptg.org writes:

> Well first of all, the REAL bugs only had 40 hp (when new). Proper bugs had
> any additional hp applied to the stereo system. And I have to confess that
> one time I did get one of mine up to 76 mph - on the freeway, about four
> inches from the rear bumper of a big semi that was going oh, about, 76 mph! But
> that was way back when I was young(er) and foolish.
>
> Terry Farrell

Tell me about it!  40?  My '59 had 36 when it was new, and several of them
had died by the time I got it from my brother!  I made several trips from north
of Chicago (Fort Sheridan, actually) to Ohio and back on weekends, and the
trip west was always helped greatly by drafting trucks!  Poor thing would BARELY
get to 65 by itself, no wind and level!  Now, my '74........that was another
story!  Fastest stock Beetle I ever drove, and I have NO idea why!

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL
mailto:jstan40@aol.com