"grinnell bros." T. Driscoll

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:04:01 -0700

No problem Tom. I love this list and read most every message daily, after my
scheduled tunings of course! I consider it an honor that many of my postings
have appeared in the Journal, and the biggest honor was the fact that i was
was invited to give a presentation to highlight some of my repair
"inovations",  after being a PTG member for less than 2 months! I am also
quite proud of my full page feature story in the "Daily Breeze", a local Los
Angeles County Newspaper.   I am always grateful for all the great tips and
helpful ideas found on this terrific list, and I feel that there is always
something new to learn, and I am truly proud to be a part of this noble
profession!

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Tom Driscoll" <tomtuner@comcast.net>

Terry,
	Good! I'm here to learn also, and for the record I CAN resist
the need to correct. (Thumper the exception) I was just making a point
about the misuse of terminology. And also for the record I made an
assumption about this damper based on probability and didn't realize
that you would think a damper with the head removed was "extra".
      My point is that we can all raise the bar by using the correct
names and terms, and not to pick on you.
      The recent thread on soundboard construction (vitriol aside) was a
case in point. I may never install or design a soundboard system, but my
rudimentary understanding of the principals debated will make me a
better technician .Ron, Del and others challenge us all to higher levels
and the least I can do is call the parts by the correct names.
	Tom Driscoll