Dope needs dope dope

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:30:42 -0700

Re: Mark Wisner's questions: My mixture is one plastic "A" keytop (with
front) dissolved in roughly 8 oz. of acetone. I can see the piano as
often as I need to.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

Alan,
This is probably the best use of a "moulded keytop" I can think of!<G>
However, the formulae for this "hammer dope", was originally meant for the
use of "Ivorine", which is a different type of plastic. Although, "moulded
keytop material", will probably work, it will undoubtedly work differently
than the "Ivorine", (which is harder). Just so's ya know. I think, which
ever one is used, is probably just fine. And, once you get used to the
results, you'll know what to expect.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police