What are the "safe" parameters for shop humidity?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:32:09 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List,
     I seem to be building a new shop in this old
textile mill ( where those pneumatic-cloth making
machines are still in my way, by the way !!! ).
    It is a tiny ( 60,000 sq ft. ) brick structure
with a concrete floor and 15' ceilings, and I am
concerned about humidity.
    I do have a HUGE quantity of 1/4 inch thick, 4
foot wide rubber conveyor-belting to lay down on the
floor, but I am still concerned with transpiration
through the walls. I know that 42% RH is considered
ideal, but what are the parameters of what could be
considered "safe".
    ( i.e., what I shouldn't "sweat" over. )
     Opinions???
     Requestfully,
     Gordon