Voluntary Product Endorsement (Somewhat Off Topic)

Paul McCloud pmc303@ricochet.com
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:25:31 -0700

In San Diego (and Denver) there's a broadband service that's wireless.
I'm using it now.  You can drive around and be online at the same time.
It uses transponders on telephone poles.  It's slightly slower than
cable or DSL (860 kbps).  The service isn't available elsewhere (yet).
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Don
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 7:54 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Voluntary Product Endorsement (Somewhat Off Topic)

Hi Robin,

Actually you can take broad band with you--but it is at the moment very
pricey to do so. First upgrade your vehicle to an RV or pannel truck.
Second put a satellite dish on the roof. Third get the autotracking
software necessary to "lock on" to the signal. Any old decent laptop
needed
too! Cost for service is still around $100.00 US per month for high
speed
two way internet access.

At 12:59 PM 8/21/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>   Yeah but you can't take broad band audio with you in your car.I also
don't
>think the sound quality is as good.By the way if $10.00 a month is too
much
>for you cheap tuners,maybe you should raise your rates.   Robin Olson

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.