Voluntary Product Endorsement (Somewhat Off Topic)

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:07:05 -0400

Hi Robin,

>    Yeah but you can't take broad band audio with you in your car.I also
don't
> think the sound quality is as good.By the way if $10.00 a month is too
much
> for you cheap tuners,maybe you should raise your rates.   Robin Olson

I'm an unemployed, "cheap" neurobiologist and a grossly underemployed,
"cheap" brain injury consultant, sweetie.  I could find $10/mo in my budget,
but should I really do this when I don't need to?  These are hard times for
a few of us, hon!

By the way, the sound quality on broadband (which I *do* actually need) is
pretty good for this and numerous other webcasts.  Right now I'm listening
to a great jazz station, "All that Jazz with Brian Parker" at
http://www.jazz-radio.fm/home.php, a one-man, 24-hr operation from the UK.
(He's feeling rather "squeezed" by this economy as well.)  The sound is
great, and the feed is very reliable.

There are bizillions of cool stations out there.  Check them out on Yahoo:
http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Music/Internet_Broadcasts/  In addition
to all the mainstream stuff, there are stations that are fun just for their
weirdness:  Antielitist rock, bagpipes, skating music, polkas, Japanese and
Chinese, Pagan music, etc.  Not the usual stuff.  Great brain stimulation
for those willing to explore.

Peace and prosperity,
Sarah