What matters most?

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:05:57 -0700

Just to clarify, I think that different component ratio combinations that
achieve similar overall ratios will, and do, feel differently.

On the other subject, something to remember here, since inertia relates to
acceleration and since the key lever and the shank lever accelerate at
different rates (i.e. the shank moves 5-6 times faster than the key),
changes in mass on one or the other are likely to create a different curves
when plotting inertia against acceleration for each component.  That might
suggest that comparable inertia with mixed setups cannot be achieved.  The
sum of the parts may not tell enough of the story.   Maybe someone more
formally schooled in engineering or physics can chime in here.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

The first