job invoices?

Bill Maxim wmaxim@sc.rr.com
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 06:05:18 -0400

My customer invoices I print out from my Microsoft Access database.  I
custom designed my own print-out ("report") not only to show the customer's
name & address (saves a lot of hand writing) but also home, work and cell
phone numbers, email address, service requested, and any directions to the
place.   This is on 8 1/2 x 11 paper, horizontal orientation, so it files
away nicely, and the customer's name is top right to make it easy to find
when going back to it.  My business information for payment on the left,
customer's information to the right, all of this on the upper half.

Instead of pre-printing in suggested repairs/services below that, I have the
computer set up to do a compact one-line summary on each piano:  Make,
model, style, serial number, last tuning info-- date, humidity, pitch (cents
deviation from A=440) and temperature.  Oh, and SAT page number.  To the
right of this line I hand write the current humidity, pitch and temperature.
On some of my contracts, this information nearly fills the sheet in two
columns, but generally there is plenty of space to fill in the details I
consider necessary on the work done.

At the very bottom of the sheet, I took Wim's suggestion some time back, of
a checklist of possible things for the customer to contact me back about,
such as regulation, etc.

Bill Maxim, RPT
Columbia, SC