Big Bushings/Ron Nossaman

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:32:24 -0700

Paul,
Your quote: "Joe
After you finished with step 2, place a scrap piece under your stock and
clamp it to the table.  Now redrill one pin hole throught the stock and
partly into the scrap.  Remove the stock, install and glue a short dowel of
appropriate size into the scrap. It is an easy matter to center the pin
holes under the plug cutter by placing the stock onto the index pin.
Continue the process as described.

Paul C"

That would work, ONLY if the stock was cut to the proper thickness and the
holes were drilled all the way through. If you do it that way, (and there's
a few reasons not to), then you will have splintering and other problems to
contend with. If you had read my post carefully, you would have seen that
the way I do it, keeps all "in captive" until they are all bandsawed free of
the stock. Either way is a pain, IMO, but the end results are worth it!<G>
Best regards,

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I