Dampp Chaser and Grand Action

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 01:10:52

Hi David,

Yes you can do that--but you will need a second controller for the one rod.
Use the lowest possible wattage.

If you are going dehumidification only and use a bottom cover there may be
enough warmth to do nice things to the action provided the lid is kept
fully closed except when the piano is in use, so I would try that first and
then "retro fit" the action cavity bar.

I'd also be tempted to try to protect the pinblock with something like
"space cloth" which is a multilayer flexible laminate material, if you do
add on a cavity bar.

http://www.nasatech.com/Briefs/Feb98/KSC11938.html